Wednesday, February 01, 2012

You're No Gold Dollar, Joe Biden

Quoted in one of his noted ramblings regarding "government waste" and the scaling-back of production of the dollar coins, Vice-President Joe Biden is quoted as saying: "Nobody wants them."
Hello, Mr. Biden. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Nobody.
As I've blogged previously, I love the gold dollars. I'm not a collector, I'm a distributor. I use them to stimulate the economy with purchases, tips, and as gifts to kids and panhandlers.
Just because the government is afraid to offend the single company that makes the currency paper and a few vending machine folk, we have a true snafu - there is law in place that the coins be produced, but there appears to be little interest in them.
Well, it would help to 1) PROMOTE them and 2) follow Canada's lead and do away with the $1 bill.
We won't be breaking new ground here. Canada has done it. Major European countries have done it. The USA needs to do it, too.
I'm still mad at the frequent-flyer-mile addicts for queering the whole deal with their greed and bringing one of the simple joys of my life before the attention of the HOG that is government that occassionally will do a gas-passing on something they say will "save" the people money ... but I'll survive.
Meanwhile, Mr. Biden, Nobody plans to vote for Anybody but you in November.

No comments: